Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What is the Answer?

I just remembered that I still have this blog and thought it was high time I provided my devoted readers with another highly educational and highly entertaining blog post. I guess with the economy crumbling and transitioning to a change in leadership, it seems like a somewhat scary time. I've never been too involved in politics, but am trying to be more active and better informed. I want to throw out the question, what issues are most important for us to be focusing on and what can we do to best advocate our positions on those issues.

I just read a book by Newt Gingrich from a few years back, Winning the Future and I agreed with a lot of what he had to say. Some of the things he talked about that jumped out at me were energy, creating a more business-friendly environment in America (which he feels is currently overtaxed and over-regulated), and healthcare reform. National security of course continues to be a high-priority issue as well.

So what do we do?

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey, Rich. About time! No, I completely understand. You know I'd have to comment on this one since I've been pretty passionate about this election (to no avail!) and you pretty much already know what I would say. I think morals and values are pretty important (like abortion and such) but, to be honest, I think my vote leans more toward less government, someone who can run government like a business. National security, infrastructure, letting the marketplace/capitalism run its course. I really want to read Ezra T. Benson's book about what the role of government should be, and I love Pres. Kimball's thoughts...more government handouts equals less freedom. I'll have to read this book you mention...sounds like something I'd agree with, as well.

Jeanell said...

More Women in the White House.

Jeanell said...

I hate to tell you that it looks like you only have 2 devoted readers, Rachel and myself. Even then I believe it's because we feel sorry for you. I love you.

Rachel said...

Actually, I find your posts deeply profound and fascinating...no, in all seriousness, I like reading them. :)Happy Birthday today! Hope it's fabulous.

Kevin Mouritsen said...

Hey, Rich, I occasionally take a look at your blog. Which, I might add, is more than you can say about my blogs (check out my new one at alittlesliceofkevin.blogspot.com). You don't want to ask me about politics.